Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Bob's Burgers

   For one of my classes, it was required that I watch the show Bob's Burgers. Let me make one thing clear: under no circumstances would I ever willingly sit and watch this show. Never in a million years would I kick my feet up, relax, and happily tune in to Bob's Burgers. But an assignment is an assignment, so I swallowed my pride, and tuned in.
    Within the first 2 minutes, I could already tell that I was not going to like it. First of all, it's a cartoon. I would like to say that I have nothing against cartoons, but the truth is, I do. I outgrew them when I was about 8 years old and I haven't looked back since. Second of all, it's the most predictable show in the world. You could easily guess every line that will be said. And most importantly, it's dumb. There's nothing witty or clever or insightful about it. Bob's Burgers is full of nothing but crude humor and one-dimensional characters. As I watch this show, I can actually feel myself losing IQ points. It's like they're running away, shouting, "We don't want to be in the brain of someone who watches such garbage!"
   Maybe not, but still...I feel so dumb.
   And it baffles my mind - absolutely BAFFLES MY MIND - that some people watch this for fun. Some people sit down and enjoy it. I get that we all have our own unique likes and dislikes, but Bob's Burgers? Really? How in the world can someone sit there and laugh at this dialogue that's on a 3rd-grade reading level?
   I'm pretty sure my 10-year-old cousin could write better than this....

No comments:

Post a Comment